Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1||tablespoon grated orange zest|
|1||12 oz bag of cranberries, picked through|
|2||tablespoons orange liqueur (Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, etc)|
- Combine water, sugar, orange zest and salt in a nonreactive saucepan and bring to boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Stir in cranberries, return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer about 5 minutes until saucy, slightly thickened and about 2/3 of cranberries have popped open.
- Renove from heat and stir in orange liqueur.
- Transfer to a nonreactive bowl and let cool to room temperature before serving.
Refrigerate for up to 7 days. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Cook's Illustrated - November & December 1999