Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1||head of cabbage|
|1||teaspoon kosher salt|
|1||cup Hellman's mayonnaise|
|1/3||cup granulated sugar|
|2||tablespoons cider vinegar|
|1||tablespoon French Dijon mustard|
- Remove outer leaves from the head of cabbage. Cut head in half, top-to-bottom through the core. Cut the core out of each half. Thinly slice cabbage and place in a large bowl.
- Shred carrots into long strings using Cuisinart shredding blade or a box grater. Add to bowl.
- Sprinkle cabbage and carrots with salt and toss to combine.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and mustard in a separate bowl and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the dressing to the large bowl and toss coleslaw until it is thoroughly coated.
- Refridgerate overnight, tossing once or twice. Coleslaw will juice and reduce by half, roughly. Move into smaller containers for storage and serving.
Season to taste with Old Bay Seasoning when serving.