Using OpenStreetMap Maps on Garmin Device
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Use https://garmin.bbbike.org to generate a
gmapsupp.img file and copy it into the
Garmin/ subdirectory on the SD card used in the Garmin device.
- Select "Garmin Openfietsmap Full (latin1)" as the map format.
- Give the map extract a meaningful name.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Use the tools to draw a bounding box around the area you want to extract.
- Keep an eye on the extract size indicator on the page as you adjust your bounding box and keep it under 1440MB.
- Click the "extract" button.
- Go to the Service Status page to monitor the extract process. An e-mail will also be sent to the address you provided when the extract is complete.
- Download, unpack and copy the
gmapsupp.imgfile to the
Garmin/subdirectory on the SD card used in the Garmin device.
- Enable the new map on the Garmin device.