Full Backup of Nexus 6 Android Smartphone
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Turn on backup in "Settings"
- Do full system backup using adb command over USB:
- Install the android-tools package
- Turn on USB debugging in Settings->Developer options
Go to "Settings -> About phone" and tap "Build number" seven times to turn on "Developer options" if you don't have it
- Plug in
- Authorize USB debugging on phone if prompted
- Set USB connection to do file transfer
- Do "adb devices" to confirm that device is connected and listed
- Do "adb backup -apk -shared -all -f backup.ab"
- Follow instructions on phone to unlock/set encryption key
"adb restore backup.ab" will do the restore
Don't bother compressing the file
Backups are on fileserver - MyLibrary/Android_Phone_Backups