From Nearline Storage
MythPocaster lives here
- Install the RPM: "yum install mythpodcaster"
- Download mythtv_cutlist_transcode.pl from http://code.google.com/p/mythpodcaster/downloads/list and put it in /usr/local/bin
- Compile segmenter and put it in /usr/local/bin
- Need to add options to the Makefile:
all: gcc -Wall -g segmenter.c -o segmenter -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lm -I/usr/include/ffmpeg
- Compile qt-faststart and put it into /usr/local/bin
- Comes with ffmpeg but the compiled binary is not included in the RPM:
- Set up RPM building environment
- "yum install rpmdevtools rpm-build rpmrebuild yum-utils && rpmdev-setuptree"
- Get the RPM source: "yumdownloader --source ffmpeg" and install it
- Make sure that all of the build dependencies listed in ffmpeg.spec are installed
- Run "rpmbuild -bp ffmpeg.spec" in order to get the ffmpeg source deployed into ~/rpmbuild/BUILD
- Go there and run "./configure && make tools/qt-faststart" to build the binary, then move qt-faststart to /usr/local/bin
- Copy ~/.mythtv/config.xml and ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt to /usr/share/tomcat6/.mythtv/ (the .mythtv subdir under the home directory given for the tomcat user in /etc/passwd).
- Edit /etc/mythpodcaster/mythpodcaster.properties and put the DB id and psw into the hibernate properties. Check that the paths for ffmpeg, segmenter, and qt-faststart are all correct.
- Edit /etc/mythpodcaster/transcoding_profiles.xml and /usr/local/bin/mythtv_cutlist_transcode.pl and make sure that the ffmpeg options will work for the version of ffmpeg you are using. (I added new profiles and options to do 1-pass processing.)
- Start tomcat: sudo service tomcat6 start
- Connect to http://localhost:8080/MythPodcaster/
- Monitor /var/log/mythpodcaster/mythpodcaster.log for problems